Being at stay at home gives me the time and opportunity to find new meal for the kids, because to tell you the truth of it… we all get bored of the same meals. So not only do i search for YUMMY new meals but ones that are very cost effective and can be done in limited time, or when the kids are sleeping?
Do any other mommies find that they do meal preparations after the kids have gone to bed? I find I have so much to do through the day that sometimes dinners are a last minute thought about 4:30 in the afternoon then I feel like I am scrambling to get a health meal together?
Recently I started adding recipies that the kids love, so they are kid friendly, easy and not time consuming to make. Feel free to Email me any recipies you may have that I can start adding to the collections. For all of us mommies/ or daddies for that matter.. Children have to be fed so the more the marrier 🙂
Chicken Pot Pie Bundles
Makes: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 29 minutes
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (1 cup)
1/2 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1/2 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch dice
2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pinch black pepper
1 cup all-natural chicken broth
4 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
12 eggroll wraps (not the smaller wonton wraps)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrot and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook an additional 1 minute.
2. Stir in the chicken, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
3. Place the broth and cornstarch in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Add to the skillet along with the peas and corn, and bring the liquid to a simmer, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer and stir gently until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
4. Place a generous 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into each wrap, and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Fold the corners up and over the top of the filling and press to seal the edges together. Brush the remaining oil on top of each bundle.
5. Bake until golden and crispy on top, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly before eating.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12 miutes
- 2 flour tortillas
- 3 Tbsp. spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Italian cheese blend
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray tortilla wraps with olive oil cooking spray.Place tortillas on a cookie sheet on the center rack of the oven. Bake 5 minutes, just to toast the tortillas slightly.Spread 1-1/2 Tbsp. spaghetti sauce on each tortilla. Top with cheese and Italian seasoning. Return tortilla wraps to oven. Bake 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted, golden and bubbly.Crockpot Macaroni And CheesePrep Time: 15 minutesCook time: 3 hours
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated skim milk
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
Prepare macaroni according to package directions, cooking until the pasta is al dente. Drain.Spray the slow cooker stoneware with cooking spray. Pour the cooked pasta into the slow cooker.Add the remaining ingredients, except for 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese. Stir.Cover and cook on low 3 hours.Sprinkle with reserved cheese. Cover and cook on low another 10 minutes.
Chicken Salsa in the crockpot
4 skinnless, boneless chickn breast halves,
1 cup of Salsa
4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 table spoons sour cream
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Place chicken breasts in a lighly greased 9×13 baking dish
Sprinkle taco seasning on both sides ofthe chicken breasts, and pour salsa over it all.
Bake at 375 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is tender and the juices run clear.
Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese and continue to bakc for aother 5 minutes (or until the cheese is melted.